- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Virginia Department Of Game And Inland Fisheries
To us, a bird feeder swinging from a tree looks as tasty as a handful of sawdust. But to a scrawny bear emerging from his winter den, that bird feeder might as well be an Easter basket brimming with malted eggs and peanut butter cups.
"Everybody complains about the weather, but no one does anything about it," a tongue-in-cheek Mark Twain said long, long ago. The sad fact is that our area's anglers would love to change the weather, but, alas, they can't.
RICHMOND (AP) — It took three tranquilizer darts, a beanbag gun and a pepper-ball gun to bring down a black bear running through Roanoke, police and game officials close on its tail.