- Greenpeace video warns that climate change is wrecking Santa’s home
- Herman Cain profiled in ‘Political Power’ comic book
- Hagel renews Qatar defense pact despite differences over Iran, Syria
- Fire departments fear Obamacare will gut volunteer ranks
- Rep. Alan Grayson loses $18M in stock scheme
- Christmas secularists get 6-foot beer-can Festivus pole at Florida Statehouse
- George Zimmerman’s girlfriend flips on assault: Let ‘my boyfriend’ go
- Lululemon Athletica chairman quits after firestorm over his fat-thighs comment
- CBS’ beleaguered Lara Logan gets a cheerleader — Dan Rather
- Jesus tops list as most significant figure in history; Mohammed at 4th
Latest virginia gov Items
When the Environmental Protection Agency announced new smokestack standards for coal-burning power plants this summer, former Virginia Gov. George Allen, a Republican running for the U.S. Senate, was quick to oppose the move.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor on Wednesday toured damaged areas at the epicenter of Tuesday's 5.8-magnitude earthquake, walking through Louisa County High School and assessing a local supermarket in Mineral, Va.
The largest Virginia earthquake in more than a century jolted the Washington, D.C., area on Tuesday, prompting widespread building evacuations, snarling traffic and sending emergency crews scrambling after reports of superficial damage and minor injuries.
Back to school in area jurisdictions; First glimpse today at MLK memorial; McDonnell, O'Malley spar on CNN; Low turnout expected in Va. primaries; Verizon employees returning to work; D.C. GOP joins in movement to oust Thomas; Gray, Ghandi named in lottery whistleblower suit.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley sparred Sunday for the first time as leaders of their respective parties' governors associations, drawing clear lines in the sand on federal spending, job growth and President Barack Obama's performance on the economy.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley sparred Sunday for the first time as leaders of their respective parties' governors associations, drawing clear lines in the sand on federal spending, job growth and President Obama's performance on the economy.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell announced Thursday the commonwealth ended fiscal 2011 with a $545 million surplus, but urged lawmakers to set aside $30 million of the windfall to help the state economy as Washington begins to cut spending to rein in the federal deficit.
Now that Texas Gov. Rick Perry is running for president, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is taking over as head of the Republican Governors Association.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is pressing ahead with a cost-cutting measure by proposing that the state save thousands by eliminating its dues to a 71-year-old, multistate compact to clean up the Potomac River. But the plan has drawn criticism from some who say the amount is a small investment in a major resource.