- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Latest virginia gov Items
Former Virginia Gov. L. Douglas Wilder isn't wild about Tim Kaine's chances in the upcoming race for the U.S. Senate seat of retiring Democrat Sen. Jim Webb.
Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell said Monday he will move up by 18 months the deadline for state agencies to start checking the legal status of state employees.
Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell with a stroke of a pen could compel school districts to require that elementary and middle school students receive at least 150 minutes of physical education a week. But the bill is getting increasing pushback, with opponents saying it constitutes an unfunded mandate by the state at a time when school districts are strapped for money.
Prince William Board of County Supervisors Chairman Corey A. Stewart said Tuesday that he still is considering a 2012 run for Virginia's Senate seat now held by Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat who is retiring after one term.
Sen. Scott Brown, Massachusetts Republican, has told a prosecutor he doesn't want to seek criminal charges against a camp counselor who he says sexually assaulted him 40 years ago on Cape Cod.
The chairman of the Democratic National Committee on Sunday said he thinks the chances that President Obama will face a serious primary challenger in 2012 are "virtually nil."
Heavy snow has been predicted for the nation's capital on Sunday from a storm that gave a rare white Christmas to parts of the South and caused airlines to cancel hundreds of flights on Saturday.
Virginia Gov. Robert F. McDonnell last week made the pitch for a $4 billion investment in transportation. Given the gridlock on many of the commonwealth's roads - particularly in the north - this goal has some appeal. Unfortunately, the specifics in the governor's proposal will put future generations in debt without addressing the fundamental cause of congestion.
Millions of jobless Americans could see unemployment benefits run out in coming weeks after an effort to extend them failed in the House on Thursday.