- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Virginia Polytechnic Institute And State University
The University of Texas at Austin Moody College of Communication has announced an award-winning former editor at The Washington Post will be the new director of its School of Journalism.
After an incident on Tuesday against Virginia Tech, Maryland forward Charles Mitchell will practice with the team Friday and play Sunday vs. UVa. Details here.
Virginia Tech President Charles Steger and three other senior administrators are being sued by a former director of the school's Virginia Bioinformatics Institute.
Shaquille Cleare had scored two points total in the past seven games. He went back to basics and had six against Virginia Tech. More here.
Nikki Dixon scored 22 points and grabbed a career-high 12 rebounds as thirteenth-seeded Clemson beat No. 12 seed Virginia Tech 69-56 Wednesday in the first game of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
Three points at a time, Maryland turned a halftime deficit against last-place Virginia Tech into the foundation of a blowout victory.
A month ago, Syracuse was unbeaten, ranked No. 1 and riding high. Now, the Orange are struggling toward the postseason having lost four of five.
With an important win within its grasp, Trae Golden was perfect for Georgia Tech.
Maryland limped through the first half on Tuesday night against Virginia Tech, but two plays helped to change the game and push the Terrapins to a 64-47 win.
A former University of Mary student and football player will not serve jail time for writing Facebook posts that prompted an hour-long lockdown of the North Dakota campus last fall.
Cars rumble past on a busy street just outside. A radio tuned to a jazz station plays a bit too loudly. But those distractions fade away when 80-year-old Ed Battle shares a song he learned from his grandmother when he was a boy.
If the teams don't meet in the ACC tournament, Maryland will head to the Big Ten after this season with a five-game winning streak against the Hokies and a 32-10 lead in the series.
Maryland overcame a one-point halftime deficit to blow the game open in the second half in a 64-47 win over Virginia Tech on Tuesday in College Park.
The Pittsburgh Steelers have designated linebacker Jason Worilds as the team's transition player for 2014.