- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Virginia Polytechnic Institute And State University
Latest Virginia Polytechnic Institute And State University Items
Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II will get his last shot to go toe-to-toe with Terry McAuliffe on Thursday in the third and final debate of the Virginia governor's race. But the Democrat, with a modest lead in polling and an outsize advantage in money, will likely be content simply to avoid any cringeworthy gaffes.
The Hokies (6-1, 3-0 Atlantic Coast Conference) rose three spots to No. 16 in their week off and will put their six-game winning streak on the line Saturday against the Blue Devils (5-2, 1-2) at Lane Stadium.
For many, getting through Marine Corps training is a challenge in itself. Hunting for roadside bombs and weapons caches in Iraq and Afghanistan as a combat engineer is an even bigger challenge. Learning to walk, run and bike after losing both legs in a roadside bomb explosion may be the biggest challenge of all. To then train, compete, and win bronze at the 2012 Paralympics is downright impressive.
Oddly, the angst over the Redskins' current situation provides one small supporting argument for why the team should stick with Shanahan. For most of the seasons between the end of the first Joe Gibbs regime and Shanahan's arrival, something like 1-4 would be the norm.
Tennessee and Virginia Tech will finally play a football game at Bristol Motor Speedway and expect to set a single-game football attendance record in what is being billed as the "Battle at Bristol."
The idea of Tennessee and Virginia Tech playing a football game at Bristol Motor Speedway has been tossed around for about 15 years, maybe more.
Logan Thomas threw an early touchdown pass, Cody Journell kicked four field goals and Virginia Tech sacked Pittsburgh's Tom Savage eight times in a 19-9 victory on Saturday, sending the Hokies into their off week on a six-game winning streak.
The Libertarian Party candidate for governor in Virginia is upset because he won't be invited to participate in a debate at Virginia Tech later this month. Fans of smaller government can feel relieved, because all that Robert Sarvis can accomplish by his futile run is to take enough votes away from Ken Cuccinelli, the conservative, to lose to Terry McAuliffe, a big-government liberal.
The Panthers visit Lane Stadium this week as owners of a four-game winning streak against the Hokies. That includes last season's 35-17 shellacking at Pittsburgh that knocked the Hokies out of the top 25 and kept them out until this week.