- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Virginia Polytechnic Institute And State University
Latest Virginia Polytechnic Institute And State University Items
Virginia Tech outrebounded North Carolina and held star Tar Heels point guard Marcus Paige to nine points below his average.
The NFL Combine wrapped up on Tuesday, but not before several Virginia Tech and UVa players could leave their mark.
Virginia Tech's Trevor Thompson turned in a steady performance in Duke's hostile arena, one that was good enough for his coach to believe the freshman "took a step forward."
Cornerback Kyle Fuller is one of four Virginia Tech players who were invited to the league's annual scouting showcase, and each arrived with different goals.
As the ACC tournament approaches, Maryland coach Brenda Frese likes how her team is playing defensively.
Vanessa Panousis tied a career-high with 24 points as Virginia Tech won for the first time in Chapel Hill, upsetting No. 11 North Carolina 50-47 on Sunday.
Kayla McBride scored 31 points and No. 2 Notre Dame jumped to an 18-point lead early and held on to beat seventh-ranked Duke 81-70 Sunday to claim the Atlantic Coast Conference title in its inaugural season in the league.
T.J. Warren scored 31 points to lead NC State to a 71-64 victory over Virginia Tech on Saturday.
Like many college basketball teams this time of year, NC State finds itself desperately trying to play its way on the NCAA Tournament bubble.