- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
Virginia Press Association
Latest Virginia Press Association Items
The Washington Times took home 14 awards from the Virginia Press Association in reporting, photography, illustration and multimedia categories, including a best-in-show recognition for investigative reporting on the hiring practices of the District of Columbia government.
The Washington Times received four first-place awards in the Virginia Press Association's contest for work published during 2011. The Times was honored for reporting, column writing, headline writing and photography.