- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Virginia State Crime Commission
Latest Virginia State Crime Commission Items
Advocates of tougher laws against financial exploitation of the elderly and mentally incapacitated will press their case in the General Assembly again in 2013, this time with the imprimatur of the Virginia State Crime Commission.
The Virginia State Crime Commission endorsed legislation Wednesday to increase penalties for illegal cigarette trafficking and for texting while driving.
RICHMOND (AP) — The heartbroken families of the Virginia Tech shooting victims suffered a second and probably final legislative defeat yesterday in their bid to prevent criminals and the mentally ill from buying firearms at gun shows.
RICHMOND (AP) — About 6,700 additional inmates are expected to enter Virginia's prison system in the next five years, and officials are looking for ways to keep up with the surge.