- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Virginia State Route 236
Virginia State Route 236 (SR 236) is a primary state highway in the U.S. state of Virginia. The state highway runs from U.S. Route 29 and US 50 in Fairfax east to SR 400 in Alexandria. SR 236 is a major suburban arterial highway that connects the independent cities of Fairfax and Alexandria via Annandale in Fairfax County. The state highway is known as Little River Turnpike in Fairfax County, where the highway meets Interstate 495 (I-495), and Duke Street in Alexandria, where the road has junctions with I-395 and US 1. - Source: Wikipedia
Four men were arrested in Fairfax County after police said they tried to rob a 15-year-old boy who had agreed online to sell one of them a pair of Nike Air Jordan sneakers.
Friends, family and fellow officers are hosting a fundraiser Sunday to raise money for Fairfax County Police Officer Long Dinh Jr., who is recovering from injuries suffered during a head-on crash in February.
A man speeding away from a domestic incident was killed and a Fairfax County police officer injured when the man's car struck the officer's cruiser head-on just after midnight Wednesday.