- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Virginia State Route 236
Virginia State Route 236 (SR 236) is a primary state highway in the U.S. state of Virginia. The state highway runs from U.S. Route 29 and US 50 in Fairfax east to SR 400 in Alexandria. SR 236 is a major suburban arterial highway that connects the independent cities of Fairfax and Alexandria via Annandale in Fairfax County. The state highway is known as Little River Turnpike in Fairfax County, where the highway meets Interstate 495 (I-495), and Duke Street in Alexandria, where the road has junctions with I-395 and US 1. - Source: Wikipedia
Four men were arrested in Fairfax County after police said they tried to rob a 15-year-old boy who had agreed online to sell one of them a pair of Nike Air Jordan sneakers.
Friends, family and fellow officers are hosting a fundraiser Sunday to raise money for Fairfax County Police Officer Long Dinh Jr., who is recovering from injuries suffered during a head-on crash in February.
A man speeding away from a domestic incident was killed and a Fairfax County police officer injured when the man's car struck the officer's cruiser head-on just after midnight Wednesday.