- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Vivian E. Watts
"I can't vote for it because it's bad economics, I can't vote for it because it's bad policy, I can't vote for it because it doesn't address the need," she said.
Delegate Vivian E. Watts, Fairfax Democrat and a former state transportation secretary, said the plan yields insufficient money -- particularly in the traffic-clogged urban crescent stretching from Northern Virginia through the Richmond area to Hampton Roads.