- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
Topic - Vivian Green
Vivian Green, "The Green Room" (eOne)
The first of four nights spotlighting R&B music kicked off Thursday with performances at the Essence Music Festival by industry newcomers, including the Disney Channel's Coco Jones and rapper Diggy Simmons.
Newly engaged queen of soul Aretha Franklin is headlining this summer's Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, and its other top performers include Mary J. Blige, Fantasia, Stephanie Mills, Charlie Wilson and Keyshia Cole.
R&B singer-songwriter Vivian Green said she's looking forward to her second opportunity to take a stage at the event.
"This is a really big deal," said Green, who will entertain fans with her hits including "Emotional Rollercoaster" and "Gotta Go Gotta Leave (Tired)."