- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Topic - Vladimir Guerrero
Los Angeles Angels hitting coach Don Baylor broke his right leg while catching Vladimir Guerrero's ceremonial first pitch Monday night.
The injury cast a pall over opening day at Angel Stadium. Baylor, who joined the Angels' coaching staff in the offseason, had to be helped off the field after squatting to catch Vladimir Guerrero's off-target throw.
Vladimir Guerrero signed a one-day contract to retire with the Los Angeles Angels on Monday.
Vladimir Guerrero didn't want to play in Triple-A anymore, and the Toronto Blue Jays weren't ready to make room for him on the major league roster.
Former major leaguer Vladimir Guerrero said he has surrendered to police after authorities contend he attacked a police officer in a disco. Guerrero denied being part of an attack.
The Baltimore Orioles activated designated hitter Vladimir Guerrero off the 15-day disabled list Tuesday and optioned right-hander Mark Worrell to Triple-A Norfolk.
It had all been going so well for Jordan Zimmermann on Sunday afternoon.
Vladimir Guerrero finalized an $8 million, 1-year contract with the Baltimore Orioles on Friday.
The Baltimore Orioles ran into one final glitch Friday before officially introducing Vladimir Guerrero to a small media gathering in a room outside their spring training clubhouse.
Vladimir Guerrero has been given a physical by the Baltimore Orioles, the final hurdle before he can sign a contract and officially join the club.
Free-agent slugger Vladimir Guerrero has agreed to a one-year contract with the Baltimore Orioles, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press on Friday.
Bumbling on the bases and fumbling on the field did in the Texas Rangers.
Ace left-hander Cliff Lee will be followed in the Texas Rangers' rotation at the World Series by C.J. Wilson, Colby Lewis and Tommy Hunter.
A look at the best-of-seven World Series between the Texas Rangers and San Francisco Giants:
Josh Hamilton and Vladimir Guerrero each hit three-run homers, Tommy Hunter earned his career-high 10th win and the Texas Rangers beat the Baltimore Orioles 6-4 Sunday to split the four-game series.
"More hard-hit balls but they didn't necessarily feel he was all the way there yet," he said.
"At no time did I attack anyone, nor was I fleeing," Guerrero told The Associated Press. "I presented myself at the jail last night after the complaint from the disco, and this morning first thing I went to the police that are handling the case."