- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Voice Of America
Latest Voice Of America Items
Gus Constantine, a longtime editor in The Washington Times newsroom whose passion for knowledge was matched only by his love for family, died Jan. 29. He was 84.
Veteran journalist David S. Jackson has been named the new executive editor of The Washington Times, President and CEO Larry Beasley announced Wednesday.
The Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), the agency in charge of critical U.S. information programs to countries such as Iran, China and Russia, can only be described as a failed enterprise in need of emergency surgery.
In a June 30 interview with al Jazeera, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said that his "perhaps foremost mission" is to "find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science." Mr. Bolden denied that his feel-good mission was purely diplomatic, claiming, "there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim nations."
HBO's efforts to get a documentary on Iranian dissident Neda Agha Soltan seen widely have paid off.