- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
Latest Volleyball Items
Ashley Rozell scored 21 points, and Warner outscored Sanborn Central-Woonsocket 11-6 in overtime, as the Monarchs won 49-44 to defend their championship at the South Dakota Class B girls' basketball tournament on Saturday.
Sean Kilpatrick's layup attempt danced tauntingly on the rim before falling away. His shot may have had a bit too much oomph.
Defending state champion Warner moved back to the title game at the South Dakota Class B girls basketball tournament Friday with a 50-31 win over top-seeded Sully Buttes.
Portland Timbers coach Caleb Porter was named the Slats Gill Sportsperson of the Year at the Oregon Sports Awards.
The University of South Dakota has set May 12 as the date to break ground for $66 million worth of new athletic facilities.
Jess Schaben scored 24 points with nine rebounds and top-ranked Harlan held on in the final 2 minutes to beat No. 8 Western Dubuque 55-51 Saturday night and win the Class 4A state title.
At 7-foot-3, Zydrunas Ilgauskas towered over everyone yet stayed completely down to earth.
Ohio's high schools are again looking into leveling the playing field.
Construction is beginning on a new $13 million indoor sports complex in Myrtle Beach.