- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Latest Volleyball Items
It all began in 2011, when Oregon volleyball coach Jim Moore got a knock on his door shortly after the Ducks' season wrapped up.
Looking for more imagination from players who hit the same old serves with the same old rackets?
For all those beach volleyball players who thought Horse Guards Parade transformed itself into the sport's best Olympic venue yet, wait until they arrive on the Brazilian sands of Ipanema Beach in four years.
The unbeaten U.S. women's volleyball team will get another chance at its first gold medal.
LONDON — Misty May-Treanor danced on the sand and then off it, taking a victory lap around the court before leaving Horse Guards Parade with Kerri Walsh Jennings as three-time Olympic beach volleyball gold medalists.
The U.S. women's volleyball team defeated Brazil 3-1 on Monday at the Olympics in an early-round rematch of the Beijing Games final won by the Brazilians.
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long made it perfectly clear what he expects from his staff as he put coach Bobby Petrino on leave for keeping him in the dark about a sordid-looking relationship with a female employee.
Japan risks losing its bid to host the 2020 Olympic Games because of growing local and international opposition to the national tobacco corporation's sponsorship of World Cup volleyball, which attracts millions of women and schoolgirls.
Soccer lovers in the U.S. have a chip on their shoulders and with good reason, miffed that their sport isn't as beloved here as it is worldwide. But they aren't the only fans frustrated by America's particular taste.