- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
Latest Wade Belak Items
Wade Belak's family members, friends and former teammates gathered for a private ceremony at Woodmont Christian Church on a rainy Sunday to remember the former NHL player.
The mother of former NHL player Wade Belak said Friday that her son had suffered from depression prior to his death.
Three NHL tough guys have died since spring, leaving behind more questions than answers about the toll being an enforcer extracts.
Former NHL player Wade Belak hanged himself, according to a person familiar with the case. Belak, an enforcer who had played with five NHL teams before retiring in March, was found dead Wednesday in Toronto. He was 35.
Former NHL player Wade Belak hanged himself, according to a person familiar with the case.
Washington Capitals right wing Joel Ward got a message Wednesday afternoon from a friend asking if he had heard about Wade Belak. Ward, who played with Belak in Nashville, immediately thought of the television show the ex-NHL enforcer was taking part in – "Battle of the Blades."
Former Predator Wade Belak, an enforcer who had played with five NHL teams before retiring in March, was found dead Wednesday in Toronto. He was 35.