- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
Topic - Walgreen Co.
It has long been gospel among retailers that tobacco pulls so much business into stores, with smokers also picking up water, gum or a bag of chips, that dumping it would be a sales killer.
Walgreen's fiscal second quarter earnings slipped from a year ago as the nation's largest drugstore chain reaped a smaller benefit from generic drugs and took a $60 million hit due to rough winter weather.
Walgreen Co. said Wednesday that a key sales figure rose last month, boosted by stronger growth at its pharmacies and an increase in the number of flu shots it administered.
CVS Caremark's decision to pull cigarettes and other tobacco products from its stores could ripple beyond the nation's second-largest drugstore chain.
Walgreen said Wednesday that a key sales measurement posted a solid gain in January.
Walgreen Co. is joining a growing push from big businesses to shift more responsibility for finding insurance onto their employees as health care costs continue to climb.
Representatives from six national businesses sent a letter to D.C. Mayor Vincent C. Gray on Wednesday urging him to veto "misguided" legislation that would raise minimum hourly wages at large retail stores.
Rite Aid has expanded an online doctor service for its drugstore customers that is limited to virtual visits but cheaper than a traditional primary care appointment.
Rite Aid Corp. has expanded a new drugstore clinic that allows customers to visit virtually with doctors who can diagnose conditions and prescribe medications based on a 10-minute consultation.
Walgreen Co. said Thursday it will begin selling special envelopes to shoppers to help them dispose of medications they no longer need.
CVS Caremark Corp. and Walgreen Co. have settled a contract dispute that would have prevented thousands of people from getting their prescriptions filled at Walgreen stores.