- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
Latest Walid Al-Moallem Items
Rocket-propelled grenades struck the headquarters of Syria's ruling party Sunday, bringing the violence that has engulfed much of the country to the heart of its capital for the first time, activists said.
Jordan's King Abdullah said Monday that Syrian President Bashar Assad should step down, making him the first Arab ruler to issue such a call over the regime's deadly crackdown on an 8-month-old uprising.
Syria's foreign minister warned the international community on Sunday not to recognize a new umbrella council formed by the opposition, threatening "tough measures" against any country that does so.
Syria's foreign minister is promising Syrians "free and fair" general elections by the end of the year.
Syria warned the American and French ambassadors Wednesday not to travel outside the capital without permission, two weeks after the two envoys angered the regime by visiting a city that has become the center of the country's 4-month-old uprising.