- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
Topic - Wallace
A jury was being picked Thursday for comedian George Wallace's trial seeking $9 million from a posh Strip resort for a leg injury he received when he fell over stage wiring during a private performance for a corporate group in 2007.
The Democratic Party of Virginia convention that descended into chaos, discord and finger-pointing has prompted a formal complaint against the state party that demands a new election for two of the state's representatives to the Democratic National Committee and the ouster of three top party officials.
"I just thought it was the lowest thing in my career. I'm sorry that I heard it in a courtroom," he said. "I'm not sure whether it affected the jury. But it hurt me."
Wallace told reporters he saw the cartoon image as a "black caricature with a pickaninny haircut."