- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
Latest Walter Mondale Items
It's Walter Mondale and Friends to the rescue in Minnesota, where the state's political elders have staged a third-party intervention.
Geraldine Ferraro's selection as Walter Mondale's Democratic running mate in the 1984 presidential election made her a winner as far as history was concerned, despite an unsuccessful campaign that proved to be a tough political slog against a popular incumbent.
Geraldine Ferraro, who in 1984 became the first female vice presidential candidate on a major U.S. party ticket, died Saturday in Boston, a family spokeswoman said.
How big a year was it for Minnesota's Republicans? Let's just say that if Ronald Reagan had been on the ballot Tuesday, he might have finally carried the state.