- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest War_Conflict Items
Federal prosecutors in Belgium said Tuesday 10 suspects have been detained in an anti-terror sweep in Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany.
In our current war with Islamic terrorists, the Obama administration's justification for holding civil rather than military trials is to demonstrate to the world the fairness of our justice system.
North Korea reminded the international community why it is one of the world's premier rogue states by launching an unprovoked artillery barrage on a South Korean town. The main difference between this attack and previous inexplicable acts of violence from Pyongyang is that this time the world faces a nuclear power.
The administration's Afghanistan war policy seems to be settling into a dismal combination of confusion and cynicism. Before the November elections, the administration was adamant that the troops would start coming home by July 2011. That, it is presumed, was to keep the president's liberals calm.
A man leading the Taliban side of peace talks with the Afghan government was an impersonator, an Afghan close to the negotiations said Tuesday, an embarrassing revelation for Afghan officials who have promoted reconciliation efforts as the best chance for ending the war.
I have always said that the Taliban are a bunch of hypocrites and unsophisticated individuals that used Islam as an ideology to promote a fabricated cause, attract like-minded criminals and inflame the emotions of innocent civilians. Furthermore, the Taliban have miserably failed to demonstrate that they are good for a progressive, democratic Afghanistan. Certainly, my notion of partiality is questionable since I have a clear aversion for the Taliban and what they stand for - but perhaps my prejudice is justified.
North and South Korea exchanged artillery fire Tuesday after the North shelled an island near their disputed sea border, killing at least two South Korean marines, setting dozens of buildings ablaze and sending civilians fleeing for shelter.
It is a sad and potentially fatal fact that most Americans know virtually nothing about the U.S. military. That astounding reality is all the more incredible given that our survival ultimately depends on the men and women in uniform who defend this country.
The Senate has just reconvened for its "lame-duck" November and December session. President Obama is urging this body to hold a ratification vote on the New START nuclear weapons treaty with Russia during this period, prior to the seating of the new senators elected two weeks ago. The Senate would be ill-advised to do this, for a number of reasons.