- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest War_Conflict Items
Syria's president defied mounting international pressure to end the year-old crackdown on an uprising against him and said Tuesday he is determined to go on fighting what he called "foreign-backed terrorism."
The White House keeps waiting for "crippling sanctions" to have an impact on Iran's nuclear program. It will be a long wait.
North Korean troops brandished weapons given to them by new leader Kim Jong-un as they carried out live-fire drills near the disputed sea boundary with South Korea amid more anger from Pyongyang over joint U.S.-South Korean military exercises.
Syrian refugees fleeing to neighboring Lebanon on Monday said they feared they would be slaughtered in their own homes as government forces hunted down opponents in a brutal offensive against the opposition stronghold of Homs.
A gang of gunmen disguised in military-style uniforms and carrying forged arrest warrants killed 25 police Monday, then hoisted the battle flag of al Qaeda in a carefully planned early-morning shooting spree in western Iraq, officials said.
It is time for those who voted for Barack Obama to admit they were deceived and made the wrong choice.
Our troops are being targeted and slain in Afghanistan in a very cowardly way by the very people they are trying to help. Instead of apologies, which are considered a sign of weakness in that part of the world, an ultimatum should be issued: Stop the killing and the out-of-control demonstrations or U.S. troops will be pulled out immediately, opening the door for the return of the Taliban.
In a show of solidarity, President Obama sat down with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday to reassure him that the U.S. would always be there for Israel, even as he continued to try to tamp down talk of a military strike against Iran.
U.S. military and intelligence agencies can legally kill American citizens overseas if they are al Qaeda leaders who pose an imminent threat to the United States and cannot be captured, U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. said Monday.