- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest War_Conflict Items
South-central Minnesota residents lined a procession route and held flags to pay their respects to a 20-year-old Marine killed in Afghanistan.
A charter the Kootenai County Sheriff's Office in northern Idaho had with Boy Scout troop 911 has expired following the Boy Scouts of America opening its ranks to gay scouts.
William "Wild Bill" Guarnere, one of the World War II veterans whose exploits were dramatized in the TV miniseries "Band of Brothers," has died. He was 90
Libyan government forces and loyal militia fighters besieged a North Korea-flagged tanker Sunday that a rival militia hoped to use to export oil in defiance of central authorities, officials said.
Suspected al-Qaida militants fired rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machineguns at a military base in southern Yemen on Saturday, killing two soldiers guarding its gate, a senior military official said.
As a free black man, William Catlin tried to enlist in the Union Army twice during the Civil War and was twice rejected.
Maurice Ndour and Javarez Willis scored 15 points apiece as Ohio rallied for an 82-76 overtime win in the Battle of the Bricks against Miami (Ohio) Saturday.
An investigation is underway into how weapons in the evidence room of the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office ended up in a gun store.
History is documented through writing, evidenced by artifacts and sometimes, if you're lucky, recounted by witnesses.