- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Latest War_Conflict Items
The U.S. military is discussing significant changes in its war plans to adhere to President Obama's strategic guidance that downplays preparing for conflicts such as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and counts on allies to provide additional troops.
Afghanistan's weak government and Pakistan's safe havens for militants continue to hamper progress in the Afghan war strategy, according to a new Pentagon report.
The U.S. military is discussing significant changes in its war plans to adhere to President Obama's new strategic guidance that downplays preparing for conflicts such as Iraq and Afghanistan, and counts on allies to provide additional troops.
Hundreds of activists across the U.S. joined the worldwide May Day protests on Tuesday, with Occupy protesters in several cities leading demonstrations against major financial institutions.
Politicians offered conflicting views Tuesday about whether the ruling military will reshuffle the Cabinet before this month's presidential election.
President Obama made an unannounced trip to Afghanistan on Tuesday on the anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden, adding drama to what was already a politicized military mission.
A special team of arson and explosives experts has been dispatched by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to East Joliet, Ill., to determine the cause of a fire Sunday at a galvanizing plant — the largest in the U.S. and the second largest in the world — that caused more than $20 million in damage.
Occupy Wall Street and other Occupy movements around the country have called for big demonstrations to be held on May 1. Leap year 2012 has 366 days, so why did they pick May 1, the communist holiday, for Occupy demonstrations around the country? Is it a subtle way of declaring they actually are communists?
When Elie Wiesel speaks, people listen. He speaks softly and chooses his words carefully. In 1986, when this survivor of Hitler's death camp at Buchenwald was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, he was cited as a "messenger to mankind" whose message has always been one of peace and human dignity.