- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Topic - Warde Manuel
Connecticut Athletic Director Warde Manuel says he is not a candidate for the same job at Virginia Tech.
Connecticut has hired Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco as its football coach.
Connecticut has hired Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco as its football coach, a person with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press.
Athletic director Warde Manuel announced the dismissal two days after the latest defeat. Pasqualoni, in his third season at UConn, finishes with a 10-18 record.
Connecticut has given men's basketball coach Kevin Ollie a five-year contract extension.
Connecticut has given men's basketball coach Kevin Ollie a new contract that runs through the end of the 2017-18 season.
The latest round of conference musical chairs has left Connecticut once again looking for a seat.
The latest round of conference musical chairs has left Connecticut again looking for a seat.
As Jim Calhoun stood in his office at Gampel Pavilion, waiting for his final news conference as Connecticut's basketball coach, Pat Calhoun turned to her husband and gave him one final piece of advice.
The University of Connecticut has accepted an invitation to become the 12th member of Hockey East, the region's top college hockey conference.
The NCAA has turned down the University of Connecticut's final appeal on behalf of its men's basketball team for a waiver of recently instituted academic requirements _ a decision that likely will keep the Huskies out of next year's postseason.
The University of Connecticut's new athletic director says the academic problems with the men's basketball team do not define UConn.
"From the day that I met her, she's been one of the most impressive student-athlete's I've ever been around, because of her work ethic both athletically and academically. And more importantly is the leadership that she has learned and brings to this team, both on and off the court," said athletic director Warde Manuel. "I wish I could clone her and bring her around as an example to show every student athlete at this university."
He says he's "very happy as the Director of Athletics at UConn."