- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Washington Capitals
Former Capitals Marty Erat, Mike Ribeiro and Jeff Halpern will be playing their first game in Verizon Center as members of the Coyotes tonight at 7 p.m. on CSN.
Troy Brouwer scored a power-play goal off a rebound to cap a rally from a two-goal deficit in the third period as the Washington Capitals beat the Phoenix Coyotes 3-2 on Saturday night.
It took the Washington Capitals nearly four years to sign Russian forward Evgeny Kuznetsov. When they finally did on Saturday, general manager George McPhee compared the new forward to a mythical creature.
After starting the season in Finland, Halpern has carved out a role for himself as the Phoenix Coyotes' fourth-line center and is eager to return home on Saturday when his team kicks off a four-game road trip against the Capitals.
Capitals fans are awaiting Evgeny Kuznetsov's arrival. Where will he fit in? And would the Caps consider buying out Brooks Laich?
Authorities say two young women suffered minor injuries when a metal pole holding up protective netting behind one of the goals at the TD Garden fell and struck them after a Boston Bruins game.
With Mikhail Grabovski and Brooks Laich sidelined by injuries the Caps could use the help of top prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov.
Dustin Penner saw plenty of ice time in his debut with the Capitals and played a role in Alex Ovechkin's power-play goal.
Claude Giroux and Jakub Voracek each had two goals, and Michael Raffl and Steve Downie also scored to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 6-4 win over the Washington Capitals on Wednesday night.
Mike Ribeiro readily admits the change of scenery hasn't been easy, and he hopes a brief respite of familiarity can shake him from his funk. The Coyotes will kick off a four-game road trip against the Capitals on Saturday, marking Ribeiro's first game in the city since he left in July.
The Capitals will need to turn the page quickly when they return to action in Boston Thursday night on CSN.
The Boston Bruins forechecked aggressively, cleared the puck easily and dominated the Washington Capitals.
George McPhee made a trade Wednesday that told Washington Capitals fans, "Hey, I'm not going anywhere."
The Washington Capitals have recalled forward Chris Brown from Hershey of the AHL, two days after they acquired him in a trade with the Phoenix Coyotes.