- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- CBO chief: Projected job loss numbers from minimum wage hike are fluid
- Rep. Rangel: ‘No question’ Harlem explosion is result of gas leak, not terrorism
- Dog left in car blasts horn for 15 minutes
- DCCC chair hopes Alex Sink will run again in November
- U.S., allies threaten ‘further action’ against Russia
- Obama to order businesses to hike overtime pay for salary workers
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
- Deportations come mostly from border, DHS chief says
- NATO sends surveillance planes to watch Ukraine
Washington Convention Center
Latest Washington Convention Center Items
Speaking at the annual Congressional Black Caucus dinner, President Obama excoriated congressional Republicans Saturday night for risking a government shutdown, and vowed to stop their efforts to defund his health care plan.
You can't sequester cancer. You can only hurt the research to treat and prevent the diseases, and stop the treatments themselves.
You can’t sequester cancer. You can only hurt the research to treat and prevent the diseases, and stop the treatments themselves.
After an Inauguration Day full of pomp, speeches and parades, the president and first lady joined thousands of supporters and special guests in black ties and an array of sparkling gowns for an elegant evening of dancing and star-studded entertainment at the Washington Convention Center.
Usher sang "Yeah!" Katy Perry donned star and stripes for "Firework." And a ballroom full of lucky kids got to rock out with Sasha and Malia Obama at Saturday's Kids' Inaugural Concert, a star-studded event that honors America's military families.
President Barack Obama is drawing an A-list of performers for his inaugural festivities, including a massive ball expected to draw more than 35,000 revelers.
Concerned stakeholders of Ward 5 have been raising red-light issues for a couple of years now, mostly in response to a proliferation of strip and adult-entertainment establishments, shelters for homeless and wayward young adults in motels along the corridor and marijuana shops.
President Obama said Tuesday that all 49 leaders attending a nuclear security summit have endorsed his goal of securing nuclear materials around the world within four years.
The District is struggling with a 10.7 percent unemployment rate, something Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton is trying to lower.