- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Washington Humane Society
The Washington Humane Society said Friday it is seeking information about a white-tailed deer that was shot with an arrow and found in Southwest D.C.
A young dog that was stabbed seven times with a steak knife was recovering from her injuries Tuesday, officials said.
Authorities arrested a man from Southeast Washington Friday and charged him with mutilating the claws of a pair of eight-week-old kittens in what animal advocates described as "an unbelievable act of animal cruelty."
A Northeast man seeking revenge for a robbery dropped a 100-pound cement block on a sleeping puppy, D.C. police said.
A pit bull puppy stolen from the Washington Humane Society shelter on Monday has been recovered, officials say.