- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Latest Washington Redskins Items
During the first part of the press conference, Shanahan declined to say if he wanted to return to the Redskins next season before relenting 16 minutes in. "You always want to come back," Shanahan said. "You always want to come back."
Faced with the ever-increasing reality that he may not be back as the Redskins' coach next season, Shanahan insisted Monday afternoon that he would indeed like to remain with the team. "You always want to come back," he said. "I love these guys."
WATCH Rich Tandler join Mike Florio on Pro Football Talk Live to discuss the saga surrounding Mike Shanahan and the Washington Redskins.
Controversy surrounding the Washington Redskins will not be letting up anytime soon, at least not according to head coach Mike Shanahan.
Griffin, who has completed 60.1 percent of his passes for 3,203 yards, 16 touchdowns and 12 interceptions this season, said after Sunday's loss that he thought starting Sunday against the Falcons is "not an issue." Kirk Cousins, meanwhile, said he would prepare as though if it were an option, though he did not plan to dwell on it.
The NFL often promotes football as a bad weather sport. It got its share early Sunday in Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington and Pittsburgh.
Cousins completed 7 of 16 passes for 59 yards, with his longest pass a 15-yard completion to wide receiver Joshua Morgan on his second attempt. He fumbled two plays later when he was sacked by Chiefs outside linebacker Frank Zombo, losing 15 yards as the Redskins recovered.
Jordan Reed will again land on the inactive list for the Washington Redskins as they face off against the Kansas City Chiefs Sunday.
Mike Shanahan nearly resigned as coach after the season ended due to tensions over Dan Snyder's treatment of RG3. For more on this story watch Redskins Post Game Live on CSN after the Chiefs game.