- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Washington Redskins Items
With the chance to tie the game, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan decided to go for the win. It didn't work. Was it the right call?
A Miami jury last month convicted the 23-year-old Rivera of second-degree murder and armed burglary. Rivera faces a maximum life prison sentence but could get less.
Kirk Cousins had an impressive performance for his second career start, throwing for 381 yards and 3 touchdowns. His teammates Fred Davis, Josh Morgan and Santana Moss shared supportive words about Cousins after the Redskins 27-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
After turning the ball over seven times on Sunday in a 27-26 road loss to the Atlanta Falcons, they are the owners of a woeful minus-8 turnover margin, the sixth-worst mark in the league. Bad teams play sloppy football. But what makes the Redskins' deficiencies even more eye-opening is that they ranked No. 3 in the NFL last season in that very same category.
Mike Shanahan says he does not intend to resign from the Redskins.
Though the Redskins lost their sixth straight game of the season, Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo focused on the positive.
Alfred Morris committed two of the Redskins' seven turnovers in Sunday's 27-26 loss in Atlanta.
Turnovers often spell the difference in the NFL, where parity keeps the talent level between most teams relatively even. But Washington pushed its luck on Sunday in an eventual 27-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
The 60 minutes of ugliness between two of the NFL's dregs served as a reminder of how far the Redskins are from becoming anything approaching a perennial contender. They aren't close.