- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Wason Center For Public Policy At Christopher Newport University
With less than five weeks until Election Day, Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Kenneth T. Cuccinelli II are lining up high-profile help to raise money and rally their supporters.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's major amendments to bills passed by the General Assembly this year are likely to survive a one-day veto session Wednesday in which lawmakers reconvene in Richmond to consider the governor's legislative changes, political analysts say.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell appeared last month to have brokered a landmark, legacy-making bipartisan compromise on transportation funding. But just three weeks later, the $880 million plan is facing withering attacks from Republicans, criticism from a regional transportation body and even questions about whether parts of the bill might be unconstitutional.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell kicked off the 2013 General Assembly session Wednesday by outlining transportation and education proposals that he hopes will round out his legacy in his final year in office, but it remains to be seen whether the more conservative members of his party will push social issues to the forefront as they did last year.
Democrats unveiled a slew of female speakers Wednesday for their convention next month, an indication that they will continue to press Republicans on women's issues as GOP leaders furiously try to distance themselves from Missouri Senate candidate W. Todd Akin's recent comments on pregnancy and rape.
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is looking to rebound from arguably his worst week since taking office after facing criticism on a wide range of issues both from outside and within his party.