- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
- CDC sees measles spike and ‘failure to vaccinate’
- Ex-Secret Service agent seeking Md. seat: Everyone’s a ‘de facto criminal’ now
- New prosthetic hand technology lets amputees feel again
- Child killed, 4 injured in Idaho elementary school bus crash
Latest Wayne Rooney Items
Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
Greece and Cristiano Ronaldo's Portugal finished second in their groups, winding up in next months' eight-team European playoffs that will determine four more berths.
Manchester City delivered a ruthless attacking display to rout Manchester United 4-1 in the Premier League on Sunday, the first derby between the rivals since the retirement of United manager Alex Ferguson.
Way out of position for an attacking forward, throwing himself at a task one would more usually expect of a defender, Wayne Rooney hurtled after Ramires Santos do Nascimento, Chelsea's sprightly midfielder better known simply as Ramires.
Rooney indicated before the end of last season to then-manager Alex Ferguson that he wanted to leave United after nine years, unhappy at losing his starting place up front.
Chelsea's ambitious bid to sign striker Wayne Rooney from Manchester United was rejected by the Premier League champions.
In front of tens of thousands of flag-waving and chanting fans, Manchester United players and retiring manager Alex Ferguson paraded the Premier League trophy through packed city streets on a second day of jubilant celebrations for the English champions.
Manchester United will attempt to make a smooth transition when Alex Ferguson leaves the dugout for the last time this month, with David Moyes expected to take over the managerial reins.
United said the Everton manager was given a six-year deal and will take charge of the newly crowned Premier League champions from July 1.