- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Weather
About 245,000 customers remain without power as the Piedmont of North Carolina thaws out from a late winter storm.
Officials along the North Carolina coast say the latest winter storm has created more erosion reports along the state's beaches.
The weekend offered Ohioans a needed break from this winter's brutal cold and storms.
Flood warnings due to potential ice jams that can cause water to rise a foot a minute are in place for communities along four Montana rivers.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency has awarded two New Hampshire communities $8 million toward road and bridge repair following storm damage.
Weather officials in Kansas will be watching major thunderstorms this year for a clue about wind speeds that may help indicate the path of potential tornadoes.
If you think this was a brutal winter, there's data to back it up: Iowa officials say it was the ninth coldest in the state since record-keeping began more than 140 years ago.
Gov. Pat McCrory has declared a state of emergency for North Carolina in the wake of a winter storm that's left hundreds of thousands without power.
Gov. Matt Mead called up the Wyoming National Guard on Friday to help combat flooding that forced scores of people to evacuate their homes along the Big Horn River in Washakie County.
Trees toppled by a winter storm and the threat of more frozen precipitation have forced the North Carolina Zoo to keep its doors closed through the weekend.
Gov. Mike Pence is asking for federal grants for government and certain non-profit organizations in 49 counties hit hard by an early January storm that dumped more than a foot of snow in some places and brought the state its coldest temperatures in two decades.
Gov. Pat McCrory declared a state of emergency for North Carolina on Friday, hours after the latest winter storm left portions of the state coated in ice and in the dark because of power outages.
The National Weather Service says residents and travelers in New Mexico can expect accumulating and blowing snow in parts of the state Friday and into the weekend.
A bit more winter weather in South Carolina.