- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
Latest Weiner Items
From the same political landscape that produced the persistent notion that Hillary Rodham Clinton should run for president here comes part two of such thinking. There are calls for Huma Abedin to run for mayor of New York City, even as her husband Anthony D. Weiner clings to the wreckage of his own campaign for that office following the most recent revelations regarding his sorry sexting habits.
Embattled Rep. Anthony D. Weiner announced Thursday he was resigning, saying that a scandal involving his sexually charged online relationships with several women had made it impossible for him to serve.
Oh dear. For the second time, friend-of-President Obama and possible "Audacity of Hope" ghost writer William Ayers has been blocked from entering Canada.
President Obama waded into the Rep. Anthony D. Weiner saga for the first time Monday, saying he would resign if he were the embattled New York Democrat.
Even as Democratic lawmakers vowed to move beyond the controversy surrounding a lewd photo sent from Rep. Anthony Weiner's Twitter account, residents of his New York district expressed mixed feelings over the incident and the media furor surrounding it.
Republican presidential hopeful Tim Pawlenty told people during a Monday stop in Iowa that the key difference between his Medicare proposal and the proposal introduced by Rep. Paul Ryan, Wisconsin Republican, is that his plan will change the way providers are paid.
A spokesman for New York Rep. Anthony Weiner (WEE'-nur) says a lewd photograph sent from the Democrat's Twitter account is just "a distraction" perpetrated by a hacker.
Union head Michael Weiner says the players' association is not worried about the lawsuit filed against New York Mets owners and its impact on the club's financial stability.