- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
Topic - Wells Tennis Garden
Roger Federer beat Kevin Anderson 7-5, 6-1 Thursday night in the quarterfinals of the BNP Paribas Open, where the Swiss star has yet to drop a set in four matches.
BNP Paribas has extended its title sponsorship of the BNP Paribas Open in the California desert through 2018.
Raymond Moore has become chief executive officer of the Indian Wells Tennis Garden and the BNP Paribas Open, the joint ATP-WTA pro event played every March in the Southern California desert.
Former pro player Charlie Pasarell is leaving his management post with the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament after 31 years to develop a resort in Puerto Rico.