- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Wembley Stadium Items
Manchester City suffered an unceremonious exit from the FA Cup on Sunday, three days before it tries to overturn a 2-0 deficit at Barcelona in the Champions League.
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere will be out for about six weeks after cracking a bone in his left foot while playing for England.
The highly anticipated rematch between British fighters Carl Froch and George Groves for the WBA and IBF super-middleweight titles will be at Wembley Stadium on May 31.
Starved of success for decades before the influx of Abu Dhabi cash in 2008, Manchester City collected a third trophy inside three years on Sunday. Exquisite goals from Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri in the space of two minutes during the second half enabled City to come from behind to beat Sunderland 3-1 and lift the League Cup.
The celebrations were still continuing in Manchester City's dressing room at Wembley Stadium on Sunday when Manuel Pellegrini started to move on from the League Cup triumph.
Andre Schuerrle's hat trick sent Chelsea four points clear at the top of the English Premier League with a 3-1 victory at Fulham, capitalizing on Arsenal losing at Stoke on Saturday.
Manchester City showed no mercy on beleaguered West Ham by romping to a 3-0 victory in the second leg of their League Cup semifinal on Tuesday, completing a 9-0 aggregate thrashing.
Alvaro Negredo scored twice and Sergio Aguero once to lead Manchester City over West Ham 3-0 Tuesday night and complete a 9-0 aggregate rout in their League Cup semifinal.
MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Manchester City consigned beleaguered West Ham to a second hammering inside four days by romping to a 6-0 victory in the first leg of their League Cup semifinal on Wednesday, with Alvaro Negredo leading the rout with a clinical hat trick.