- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Wes Vernon
Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly’s highly anticipated book “Killing Jesus: A History” was released on Sept. 24, and is receiving mixed reviews.
The life story of George Washington is "a miracle." After all, Glenn Beck asks, what other mortal "can lay claim to a legacy that has allowed so many to experience freedom around the world?"
Vernon complimented O’Reilly and Dugard for their “pinpoint accuracy” as they excluded “some scriptural quotes that more modern scholars have questioned.” They also tinkered with some ambiguous and questionable quotes to avoid offering their interpretation of controversial issues, Vernon wrote.
Wes Vernon, a veteran broadcast journalist whose career included 25 years with CBS Radio, writes a regular column for RenewAmerica.com.