- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
West End Cinema
Latest West End Cinema Items
During awards season, the short-film nominees are never given the same attention as the best picture contenders or the gossip about who’s wearing whom. Yet, brevity is an art and deserves a look. This week, catch screenings of the Academy Award nominees for the best live action, animated and documentary shorts at area movie theaters, where screenings will group the five nominees in each category together.
This week, catch screenings of the Academy Award nominees for the best live action, animated and documentary shorts at area movie theaters, where screenings will group the five nominees in each category together.
After almost dying — or rather, thinking he was dying — of tropical pneumonia during a family vacation in the Dominican Republic, author A.J. Jacobs decided to write his next book about his attempt "to become as healthy as humanly possible."
"The Autobiography of Nicolae Ceausescu," made by Andrei Ujica, is a true-to-life story told exclusively through a masterful pastiche of dictator-approved news and jingoistic propaganda.