- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - West Virginia Senate
The West Virginia Senate is the upper house of the West Virginia Legislature.There are 17 senatorial districts. Each district has two senators who serve staggered four-year terms. The body is generally considered more conservative than the West Virginia House of Delegates. Democrats and Republicans are more evenly matched in the Senate. - Source: Wikipedia
The West Virginia Senate has approved House changes that place Future Fund growth on hold.
West Virginia concluded its 60-day legislative session Saturday. Here is a look at some highlights from the two months of lawmaking.
The West Virginia Senate has approved measures to promote and regulate deer farming.
The West Virginia Senate has approved legislation to protect breastfeeding in public places.
The West Virginia Senate has passed a resolution to honor the director of the Kanawha-Charleston Health Department for his work with the public after the Jan. 9 chemical spill that contaminated drinking water for more than 300,000 people.
A bill allowing drill cuttings from horizontal wells to be discarded in commercial solid waste facilities passed unanimously Friday in the West Virginia Senate.
The West Virginia Senate has passed a bill to raise the minimum wage by $1.50 over three years.
The West Virginia Senate has passed legislation to allow Cedar Lakes Conference Center in Ripley to become a for-profit business outside the scope of the State Board of Education.
Legislation to regulate and improve the training of nurses who collect forensic evidence in sexual assault cases has passed in both the West Virginia Senate and House.
The West Virginia Senate has passed a budget bill that dips into the state's reserve funds by $125 million to balance the 2015 budget.
The West Virginia Senate has passed legislation to help accommodate pregnant women in the workplace.
The West Virginia Senate has approved a bill to grant teachers an across-the-board pay raise of $837.
The West Virginia Senate has voted to increase State Police Forensic Laboratory employee salaries by 30 percent.
The West Virginia Senate has passed legislation requiring physical activity for students.
The West Virginia Senate passed a bill Tuesday that would shoot down municipal gun control laws in cities such as Charleston.