- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Western Conference Items
It all happened so quickly. The St. Louis Blues changed coaches after only 13 games. Now Ken Hitchcock is in charge, an experienced hand who says he knows how to get the most out of these players.
Minnesota coach Cheryl Reeve noticed at the All-Star break that teams in the league were taking a difference view of her Lynx.
The Calgary Flames were experienced and expensive the past two seasons.
The advertising theme for the St. Louis Blues this season is "Don't Stop Believing."
Minnesota talked about winning the WNBA championship during training camp four months ago. The Lynx then had such a dominant season they lost consecutive games just once and won 22 of the last 26 to set the franchise record for victories.
Seimone Augustus scored 18 points and Maya Moore added 14 as the Minnesota Lynx rebounded from their worst loss of the season by routing the Washington Mystics 81-62 on Thursday night.
The NHL will kick off the regular season with a national television doubleheader featuring the Stanley Cup champion Boston Bruins and perhaps the return of Sidney Crosby.
Eric Musselman's basketball career has come full circle back to Southern California.
A person familiar with the deal says the Vancouver Canucks have signed defenseman Kevin Bieksa to a five-year, $23 million contract extension on Monday, four days before he could have hit the open market as an unrestricted free agent.