Skip to content

Topic - White House Communications Agency

The White House Communications Agency (WHCA), originally known as the White House Signal Detachment (WHSD), was officially formed by the United States Department of War on 25 March 1942 under President Franklin D. Roosevelt. The WHSD was created to provide normal and emergency communications requirements in support of the President. The WHSD provided mobile radio, Teletype, telephone and cryptographic aides in the White House and at Shangri-La, now known as Camp David. The mission of the WHSD was to provide a premier communication system that would enable the President to lead the nation effectively. As of July 29, 2011, the White House Communications Agency is commanded by COL Clinton Bigger (United States Army) and the Agency's Senior Enlisted Service member is CSM Willie Clemmons (United States Army). - Source: Wikipedia

Related Stories