- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
Latest White House Items
House Republicans are bucking demands from the Obama White House to include renewal of a U.S. job-training assistance program in long-pending legislation providing free-trade agreements with South Korea, Colombia and Panama.
Now appearing on Twitter: Vice President Joe Biden.
Vice President Joe Biden is taking to Twitter.
The National Education Association — the nation's largest education union — has endorsed President Obama's 2012 re-election campaign.
Fox News says its political Twitter account was hacked and apologizes for any distress caused by tweets reporting President Barack Obama's assassination.
The United States marked the 235th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence with parades, fireworks, barbecues — plus presidential campaigning, a White House birthday and competitive eating.
House Speaker John A. Boehner has preached the need for Congress to have "an adult conversation" with the public. President Obama, when he was running for the office, promised to bring greater transparency to Washington.
The aviation industry is scrambling to defend itself after President Obama last week singled out private jets in his scathing remarks on eliminating corporate tax breaks.
Parades, fireworks and celebrations large and small across the region largely went off as planned Monday, dodging the threat of thunderstorms that created so much havoc earlier in the holiday weekend.