- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
- Joint Chiefs chair Dempsey: Pentagon, VA too slow in merging medical systems
- Sen. Ben Cardin hits Ukraine for crackdown on Kiev protests
- Drone technology turns South, targets feral pigs to kill
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Better pack a lightsaber: House told space explorers could find alien life in 10 years
- Selfies gone too far? N.Y. woman snaps photo in front of suicidal man on bridge
- High times on D.C. radio: Toronto’s crack-addled Mayor Ford gets sports spot
Latest White House Items
That Donald Trump has emerged as a possibly serious candidate for president in 2012 says more about the American voter than it does about Mr. Trump ("Trump's on a roll," Comment & Analysis, Monday). Apart from charisma and an enormous talent for self-aggrandizement, does Mr. Trump possess any qualities that suggest he would be a good and effective president? On the other hand, perhaps he is the perfect candidate for the reality-TV mentality that has washed over America.
America's fragile, high-unemployment, debt-ridden economy is looking shakier than ever, threatening Barack Obama's chances of a second term and boosting support for the GOP's drive to sharply cut government spending.
Air traffic controllers directed a plane carrying first lady Michelle Obama to abort a landing at Andrews Air Force Base because it was too close to a military cargo jet, officials said Tuesday.
Millions of seniors in popular private insurance plans offered through Medicare will be getting a reprieve from some of the most controversial cuts in President Obama's health care law.
The White House drug czar wants doctors, states and law enforcement officials to step up efforts to contain America's deadliest drug-abuse problem: highly addictive prescription painkillers.
Air-traffic controllers directed a plane carrying first lady Michelle Obama to abort a landing at Andrews Air Force Base because it was too close to a military cargo jet, officials said Tuesday.
Parents, see what games are in your child's Xbox or PS3 and ask yourself whether the content of those games reflects the values you want to instill in your child's heart.
Standard & Poor's Corp., one of Wall Street's top ratings agencies, put the United States on notice Monday that it may lose its gold-plated AAA rating if it does not act quickly to pare down deficits ranging over $1 trillion for years to come.
A Pentagon inquiry into a Rolling Stone magazine profile of Gen. Stanley A. McChrystal that led to his dismissal as the top U.S. commander in Afghanistan has cleared him of wrongdoing.