- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
Latest White House Items
Some taxpayers will be unable to file returns until mid-to-late February because of recent tax breaks approved by Congress in its lame-duck session, the IRS said Thursday.
President Obama eased into the first day of his Hawaiian vacation Thursday, opting for privacy over publicity after wrapping up a frenzied lame-duck legislative session back in Washington.
The Nixon White House was so worried about Daniel Schorr's reporting that it ordered an investigation into the veteran network correspondent whose tough stories landed him on the president's infamous enemies list, according to newly released FBI files.
President Obama on Tuesday used the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to impose government controls over the Internet. FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski's implementation of so-called "net neutrality" regulations offers a foretaste of the White House's shift to rule by unelected bureaucracy now that Republicans have regained control of the House of Representatives.
John Brennan, the White House's chief counterterrorism adviser, said Wednesday that U.S. officials are increasing travel security for the holiday season - including the use of more imaging devices, and defended Director of National Intelligence James Clapper for not knowing about a foiled terrorist plot in London.
And that would be Jan. 6, the second day that the bustling new Congress will be in session in the new year.
John Brennan, the White House's chief counterterrorism adviser, said Wednesday that U.S. officials are increasing travel security for the holiday season to prevent possible terrorist attacks.
The Senate on Wednesday ratified a new arms control treaty with Russia in a major foreign policy win for President Obama.
The dominant liberal media culture has spun the last days of the Democrats' lame-duck Congress into an unbroken string of legislative victories for President Obama and his party.