- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Latest White House Items
The Obama administration is beginning to throw its support behind Libya's recently formed National Transitional Council (NTC), a combination of rebel groups that is viewed as the most likely successor to the regime of Col. Moammar Gadhafi.
Rep. Allen B. West has served his South Florida district for less than three months, but already his supporters are demanding more.
With some members of Congress already staging a minor rebellion against President Obama's decision to attack Libya, House Speaker John A. Boehner on Wednesday blasted the administration for "contradictory" statements and told the president to lay out concrete goals for U.S. action.
Well, it's official. The President of Bolivia, Evo Morales, has asked the Nobel Prize Committee to take back President Obama's Nobel Peace Prize owing to Mr. Obama's missile strikes in Libya. The head of Russia's Liberal Democratic Party, Vladimir Zhirinovsky, also has weighed in, and Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin is really in a snit. This is the best news Col. Moammar Gadhafi has had in weeks.
President Obama says dictator Moammar Gadhafi "has to go" and the United States and its coalition partners are bombing Libya, but the White House refuses to connect these dots. America is poised to spend billions of dollars and kill scores or hundreds of Libyans but specifically rules out achieving its national objectives. It is a schizophrenic and futile approach to war.
In the first two years of his tutorial presidency, Barack Obama replaced Teddy Roosevelt's well-advised admonition to "speak softly and carry a big stick" with "be friendly and carry an olive branch."
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. says a sharp increase in the number of deaths of law enforcement officers is tragic.
@-Text.noindent:Several months ago, first lady Michelle Obama unveiled her signature program to combat childhood obesity ("It takes a vittle," Comment & Analysis, Dec. 15). Mrs. Obama plans to unleash all the mighty forces of the federal government to the tune of approximately $8 billion for a program called "Let's Move."
The "Real World: D.C." mansion, which once housed inebriated young adults for the MTV reality show, will become home to the Laogai Museum, Curbed D.C. reports.