- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Will Sutton Items
The Chicago Bears have agreed to a four-year contract with third-round draft pick Will Sutton.
The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Fuller started 42 of 50 games at Virginia Tech and had 129 solo tackles along with six interceptions, 21 pass break ups and four forced fumbles in his career. He had 24 tackles, broke up 10 passes and picked off two in nine games last season.
The Chicago Bears and first-round draft pick Kyle Fuller have agreed to a four-year contract that includes an option for a fifth season.
Phil Emery still sees some holes, some issues to address, so the Chicago Bears' general manager wasn't quite ready to declare the makeover on defense complete.
Jackson State has asked the Mississippi attorney general to help it explore legal action against Grambling State and perhaps the Southwestern Athletic Conference to recover as much as $600,000 lost when Grambling's football team refused to travel to Jackson State's homecoming game.
Tajh Boyd ultimately chose to stay at Clemson for his senior season, temporarily delaying the allure of an NFL career in favor of one more season in college. It was a worthwhile move: The Tigers finished 11-2, including a victory over Ohio State in the Orange Bowl, and Boyd will likely be one of the top quarterbacks selected in the NFL draft in May.
A tackle-machine linebacker, a tackle-busting running back and one of the most disruptive defensive tackles in the country made return appearances on The Associated Press All-America team.
Winston, who was a landslide Heisman winner last week, is joined on the first team by three Florida State teammates — center Bryan Stork, kicker Roberto Aguayo and cornerback Lamarcus Joyner — to give the top-ranked Seminoles more than any other school.
Grambling university officials are meeting this weekend in an effort to reach a resolution with disgruntled football players and avoid any more forfeits.