- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Topic - William Cohen
An interim nuclear agreement between world powers and Iran presents "the perfect time" to press for the release of an ex-Marine being held on spying charges, a former defense secretary and three retired high-ranking generals wrote to President Barack Obama.
The U.S. has come far in the journey toward racial equality, but change must continue, former defense secretary William Cohen said on Monday.
RUTLAND, Vt. (AP) — A Vermont judge has dissolved the civil union between two former lesbian partners and awarded custody of their 5-year-old daughter to the Northern Virginia woman who has renounced her homosexuality. The other woman was awarded regular visitation.
"I don't understand why he has been injected into the Middle East peace process," Cohen said in a telephone interview. "It makes it look as if he's being used as a bargaining chip,"
"We have got to change, Mr. President, and you have to take the leadership," Cohen said at the event, which drew roughly 750 people.