- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
William F. Buckley
Latest William F. Buckley Items
Gore Vidal, the author, playwright, politician and commentator whose novels, essays, plays and opinions were stamped by his immodest wit and unconventional wisdom, died Tuesday, his nephew said.
When the New York Times reviewed William F. Buckley Jr.'s "Nearer, My God" in 1997, the reviewer described it as an " 'autobiography of faith,' a personal topic [in which] Buckley considers the political to be separate from the personal." In his nugget of a book, Jeremy Lott makes a case for the exact opposite: Buckley's powerful and influential political views were informed by his personal faith, not separate from it.