- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
William F. Buckley
Latest William F. Buckley Items
Gore Vidal, the author, playwright, politician and commentator whose novels, essays, plays and opinions were stamped by his immodest wit and unconventional wisdom, died Tuesday, his nephew said.
When the New York Times reviewed William F. Buckley Jr.'s "Nearer, My God" in 1997, the reviewer described it as an " 'autobiography of faith,' a personal topic [in which] Buckley considers the political to be separate from the personal." In his nugget of a book, Jeremy Lott makes a case for the exact opposite: Buckley's powerful and influential political views were informed by his personal faith, not separate from it.