- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - William H. Campbell
As the Republican nominee for Maryland's comptroller, William H. Campbell is campaigning on his experience as a top financial officer at federal agencies, including Amtrak.
Mr. Campbell said during the interview he makes no apologies for seeking detailed explanations for how the leasing arrangements worked, noting they were brokered years earlier before he and other Amtrak officials arrived.
But Mr. Campbell said he didn't recall being told he wasn't a target of the investigation until after he sat down for an interview with his lawyer present and specifically asked the question.