- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - William Jacobson
Conservatives, brace yourselves. Steel your spines. The liberal media establishment has long since abandoned any pretense of objective reporting. They've declared an all-out war on conservative Republican candidates and it's going to get worse. They know that the unarguably failed presidency of Barack Obama leaves his re-election in serious jeopardy. His best hope is the scorched-Earth personal destruction of his opponents.
It is a dance challenge for liberal, peace lovin' Democrats when President Obama abandons the old "hope and change" Terpsichore and hearkens to the heavy thud of global politics. Like Libya, for instance.
"It's hard to see how the criminal prosecution is not political," William Jacobson, a law professor at Cornell University, wrote on legalinsurrection.com, a well-known legal blog. "That prosecutors have the power to indict doesn't remove the smell of politics from the case, because in similar situations the matter is treated civilly."
For example, Mr. Jacobson noted an FEC investigation into Mr. Obama's 2008 campaign found nearly $2 million in illegal contributions.